Halloween Season 2014
Love me this month of creepy and spooky decorations, black lights, the abundance of sugar and the cold air to go along with the dark evenings and Halloween movies at home. One thing we did with Tony's siblings this year was a trip to the Haunted forest where we got sufficiently creeped out and shot human zombies with paint balls.
Poor zombies. They didn't stand a chance, but I sure hope they got paid really well for that, it didn't look like too much fun, being on their end...
I also love all the fun costume preparations and the going out to trick or treat with the kids! I think the kids are the cutest things on Halloween because it means the world to them to dress up as something of their choice, and I love the excitement and the general generosity of people on that day. But, for those children who were forced into their Halloween costumes because it's what mom purchased the year before......just kidding, I think my boys still had so much fun, and they are just young enough for a couple more years that I can use them as personal dolls on Halloween. And my husband is a great sport. He made the cutest Woody cowboy in the world!
We started off trick or treating around our parents' neighborhood, but only hit up about 15 houses, maybe. We started before it got dark, so not very many people were ready to hand out candy, but we met up with our cousins, so the kids could all have some fun together.
Even little Reesy got in on the action. He kept forgetting his bucket though, but was always up for saying "trick or treat" before he got to the door and "thank you" when he got to stick his hand in the bowl to grab more. He was so funny, he didn't realize that people had already put candy in his bucket, so he was generally under the impression that he was getting jipped because the person would go back in the house and close the door.
Then, we headed down the road to our grandparents' neighborhood which looked like a state fair. It's one of the nicer neighborhoods in the area, so many people around the area prefer to trick or treat there instead of where they live. It's just funny. We came for the doughnuts and hot chocolate, and to visit Grandma and Grandpa, of course. We wanted to find the kids' other cousins and trick or treat with them as well, but at this point, Reese was rolling around on grandma's hardwood floor and crying for us to leave him alone. So the three of us went around to 5 houses and then Kohen started dragging his bucket on the ground and basically melting on people's lawns - so that concluded our night of trick or treating. Funny kids - they were so lame this year! haha
Just sayin' - I remember, WAY back in the day - just kidding, but in my intermediate school days, we would go off for MILES, all the way around Santa Clara, the Santa Clara Valley, Ivins, across Sunset and even parts of St. George. And, there was no such thing as people turning off lights, or running out of candy, or not even participating in the first place - like, I am pretty sure, my friends and I stopped at every single house, or close to it. We would bring home giant pillowcases of candy and goodies. And, the best part - since I was adopted at 11 from a country that doesn't have Halloween as a traditional holiday, I got to trick or treat possibly till I was 15? Something like that. No shame!
So, Happy Halloween everybody, from Jessie, Woody, Rex and Buzz!
Poor zombies. They didn't stand a chance, but I sure hope they got paid really well for that, it didn't look like too much fun, being on their end...
I also love all the fun costume preparations and the going out to trick or treat with the kids! I think the kids are the cutest things on Halloween because it means the world to them to dress up as something of their choice, and I love the excitement and the general generosity of people on that day. But, for those children who were forced into their Halloween costumes because it's what mom purchased the year before......just kidding, I think my boys still had so much fun, and they are just young enough for a couple more years that I can use them as personal dolls on Halloween. And my husband is a great sport. He made the cutest Woody cowboy in the world!
Even little Reesy got in on the action. He kept forgetting his bucket though, but was always up for saying "trick or treat" before he got to the door and "thank you" when he got to stick his hand in the bowl to grab more. He was so funny, he didn't realize that people had already put candy in his bucket, so he was generally under the impression that he was getting jipped because the person would go back in the house and close the door.
Then, we headed down the road to our grandparents' neighborhood which looked like a state fair. It's one of the nicer neighborhoods in the area, so many people around the area prefer to trick or treat there instead of where they live. It's just funny. We came for the doughnuts and hot chocolate, and to visit Grandma and Grandpa, of course. We wanted to find the kids' other cousins and trick or treat with them as well, but at this point, Reese was rolling around on grandma's hardwood floor and crying for us to leave him alone. So the three of us went around to 5 houses and then Kohen started dragging his bucket on the ground and basically melting on people's lawns - so that concluded our night of trick or treating. Funny kids - they were so lame this year! haha
Just sayin' - I remember, WAY back in the day - just kidding, but in my intermediate school days, we would go off for MILES, all the way around Santa Clara, the Santa Clara Valley, Ivins, across Sunset and even parts of St. George. And, there was no such thing as people turning off lights, or running out of candy, or not even participating in the first place - like, I am pretty sure, my friends and I stopped at every single house, or close to it. We would bring home giant pillowcases of candy and goodies. And, the best part - since I was adopted at 11 from a country that doesn't have Halloween as a traditional holiday, I got to trick or treat possibly till I was 15? Something like that. No shame!
So, Happy Halloween everybody, from Jessie, Woody, Rex and Buzz!






