Christmas Season '14. point one

And now, that we've rolled on over to the new year - I am posting all the fantastic things we done (did) this Christmas Season.

First order of business: hang out with parents.
I did mention before that they are back from their South Africa Mission..., and are already looking to leave us again. Just kidding, they are just eager to serve the Lord. So, for their wonderful one week stay, my parents and I got to mostly clean my sissy's house that they just bought, go out to eat and sit up REALLY REALLY high at the Energy Solutions Arena Jazz game. Who wouldn't love that?


My Dad and I even took a selfie.

And, here's where we sat. Just within the distance of the booger drop of the people above us.


I don't think I've ever sat up that high, ever. Because of the angle of the seats, it actually would be quite good for your back, if you're into that sort of thing, and feeling like you could parachute right off the top of the arena.......

Oh, just kidding, we had a lot of fun, and the Jazz lost.



Next, we took our kids to Gardner Village in Midvale area to check out the Christmas elves and ride ponies. And, we pet our first alpaca - oh my, they are so so soft. For those looking to do some fun things around the SLC area - this one is quite simple and enjoyable. There are dozens of cute little candy and toy shops, boutiques and activities going on during each of the holidays. During Christmas season, it's decorated oh so spectacular, and the little elf displays are ready to wow you. Gardner Village has plenty of hot chocolate to go around, as you listen to Christmas music and walk around the little shops. And, for the animal lovers, it comes complete with a small petting zoo and pony rides - yay!


I mustache you a question, sir.


The alpaca was kind of shy, but I don't blame it.


The boys' favorite thing were the animals, of course. You can't pass up a chance to snuggle with a pony, not ever. You may not be able to tell from the far away picture, but Reesy was laughing his head off when the pony galloped back to the stable off the main road. Total blast!


Kohen's big horse liked to just run around the entire village, I think if the guide wasn't there and Kohen was a girl, it would have been a total runaway bride scene.




In the way of random things, Kohen's swim lessons buddy invited us to come try the rock climbing wall, a first for Kohen. Naturally, Kohen turned into a little monkey after a few minutes, no safety though....just a soft ground and maybe mom to land on.




We couldn't possibly skip visiting the Salt Lake Temple Square this Christmas Season, and just had to pick the busiest Friday night of the entire season. It only took 30 minutes to get off the freeway and park, which normally could be done in 5, and about 3 blocks of walking - which isn't bad, considering. As tradition has it - we got hustled for money in the parking lot, ha ha ha. We must just look wealthy, or something.... The guys story was that his wife and him needed money for a hotel - just for the night. Only two problems - the wife was M.I.A, and.....has this guy seen downtown Salt Lake hotel prices? Seriously, dude? Red Lion is like 150+ during the holidays! Might as well go big or go home!........... But, where is home?

We met up with some of our old friends from St. G, who also live up in the northern area and our boys got to play as we went along the square, checked out the nativity, the Temple and of course, the million gorgeous lights! You can't NOT see them when you come to Northern Utah!


 

The Christmas magic was in the air!





Post-Christmas fun was that it actually snowed!!!! I know, we live in Salt Lake, it snows here - duh, but would you believe it - every year that Tony and I lived in St. G and would try to come up to go sledding - there was green grass, in December, ok, maybe yellow....but still.

Tony's sisters, their kids and hubbies and us got to hang out and catch some frozen fun on the hills! Our sweet little Reesy only face planted once - which is an improvement from when he was 17 months and mom did it to him, several times; but he helped himself to handfuls of fresh snow pop-sickles.




Cousins!


And, this is when they all crashed...





I was kinda wondering there, if it was really worth it, dressing him up, at all?

We call this season an epic success!



Last adventure of this post, Hogle Zoo lights! What a freaken great idea! I mean, it's really cold as you approach the base of the canyon at this time of year, the animals don't want to be out and you - don't want to spend money to walk around like an icicle and to see a lizard, right? So instead, why not see all the animals, just in the form of Christmas lights, dance around a metal tree, sing the carols and pick up some hot chocolate? I know, my description doesn't do it justice, but it really was fantastic - something to look at around every corner! 




We found Darth. My poor, uncultured son has no idea who that is - which probably explains his rather happy face. He just wanted to sword fight.





Don't you worry, more Christmas posts are coming your way! 

xoxo