March {Zions}

It's pronounced: Zy-uns, like really fast; NOT zi-ON, there is no ON. ba ha ha ha ha sorry, just had to. Look at me, giving English lessons. Brat.

Anyway, while we were in St. George for my parents' farewell, we hit up one of my most favorite southern Utah places, Zion National Park. I am in love with the little town of Springdale. First, the views are gorrrrrrr-jus, the rocks are stunning and the little main street full of restaurants and shops, so chill and yet busy in the middle of the day.

I have to recommend the Flying Monkey restaurant, partly owned by my friend's family, solely for their criss-cut fries and ranch. OMG. Oh, and if I recall, I ordered an amazing pizza once, too. However, because we've been to this restaurant a few times already, we decided to try something new, next door. We went to MeMe's Cafe and ordered the most amazing, giant crepe for our boy, Reese. I guess I had sweet tooth then because I totally planned on eating it for him. I got a delicious salad, Tony had a sandwich, Kohen had a bag of chips we brought with us, and it was ALL so good, and I know, because Reese didn't want anything to do with his perfectly smothered crepe, full of Nutella, bananas, strawberries, whip cream and chocolate sauce.

I made him try some, but he wasn't that into it. I think he got more of a chocolate facial.

I love it all at Zions! How could you pass up such gorgeous mountains and hiking trails? With small, un-natured kids like ours, I would recommend doing the very last hike on the map called Temple of Sinawawa. It's an easy hike and comes with not one, but two spots for the kids to enjoy a small beach and play along in the river. We went all the way up to the part where the river widens and the canyon narrows to the point that you have to walk through the water to get through it, which doesn't work with small children, so we stopped at the small, but stunning rocky beach and let the kids have at it.







 nice faces, guys. and those are harem pants i ordered from China - that's right.

I've always loved this hike, especially in the summer months, which in southern Utah, start in like March....because the weather is so amazing and hot, that by the time you shed a few pounds of water off your body, also known as sweat - you come to a stunning, cold river to cool off in. And the best part? No change of clothes needed because you have a natural blow dryer called the hot freaken sun on your way back down to the car.

The best time to come in my opinion is about March-April because everything has bloomed to green, the weather is not scorching hot and it's still off season, so you can actually find a parking spot. The only downer is no shuttle to take you through the park. I always liked that part, but Tony gets car sick easily, so he was happy the shuttle wasn't running yet.

Spring and summer will grant you magnificent waterfalls, though. Also, another hike we really like is the Emerald pools, there are 2, I believe, the lower and the higher one. It's a bit of a rougher hike - according to the girl who trips on flat concrete and clearly does not hike, but very worth the views.




 this kid has got the life!


On our way back up north, we drove through the park and went up and over the eastern mountains of Utah. It was a beautiful drive, but WAY too long, so we ended up cutting back to I-15 around Beaver. So, don't do that if you have diarrhea because there are no bathrooms along the way, and a couple of creepy little towns along to delight you, I wouldn't stop, though.

Our kids loved the long tunnel through Zions, and I love the head-spinning, narrow drive up the mountain with 180 views of the park.