one of these things is not like the other
Or, not. I think it's cute, or it's meant in a cute way, right? I mean they are going to be heart-breakers, so if they look alike, it's not a bad thing.
The boys adore each other. If you pretend to take little away from big brother, like we're talking far away, big will begin to cry and will run to give his brother what he thinks is his last embrace. The little one asks for his brother by name all the time, and their random times of hugging each other are the cutest.
As their mom, I've been waiting for the time when they would play together, laugh together, run together, and get in trouble together. Maybe not the "trouble" thing, but they do all that and more. They get along just great most days, but even if they fight, they are still not the worst of enemies. I guess that's a good thing.
I get asked all the time if I am sad that we didn't have a girl. No. It would have been fun, but I feel that there is something different and special about the bond between same gender siblings, especially ones closer in age. I mean, I know there are plenty of opposite gender siblings who would give anything to hang out with each other and no one else, but let's face it - you can't talk to your brother about boobs or tampons, or your childbirth experiences....(if you're a girl, that is), or get advice on how to "tap that" from your older brother. Of course, our boys AREN'T going to do THAT, right? They will hopefully, be real gentlemen.
I am excited for them to grow up together, to become men. I am mentally skipping the part of teenagers with smelly bodies, stinky feet, vulgar language and door slamming, although I know it needs to happen.
In a way, my husband and I each got a mini-me. Whatever that means. It's just fun to see yourself in your off spring, sometimes. Other times, not so much. Kohen is so very cautious. He asks questions, he thinks and examines, he hesitates and over-analyzes things, like his dad. It's usually a miracle if I can talk him into trying some new activity, or a new food. When he is opposed to something, his words fly out a million miles an hour, he has reasons for everything. He speaks in lengthy, but complete sentences complete with big words and vivid descriptions. Just like his dad. He is pretty much an over-achiever, he memorizes random facts and speech and then recalls it months later. Kohen is a fast learner and is academically advanced, even at the age of 5. The only thing he didn't inherit from his father is probably his athleticism and big emotions, he's much more like me in those areas. However, he might be good at soccer. He focuses on the game and can kick the ball pretty good so far, and is getting super excited to play on a real team this fall. We will see, I might have to take that last comment back. The other funny thing Kohen inherited from his father is his excitement level - which is 0. It's like a carbon copy of neurons. You can give this kid anything he wants, anything in the world, a trip to Disney World, an awesome toy, video games, an outing to the pool, some candy, money even and.....nothing. He just goes "yeah......I'm excited...." in the lowest of tones possible. I don't think his facial expression even changes. I find it hilarious. Something awesome though, is Kohen's sweet heart. He is so tender and loving, he will share the world with anyone. Just like dad.
Something of his own is that he loves to swim and owns the entire animal kingdom of plastic animals. His big aspiration is to own several zoos. I remember how that started. Grandma bought him a plastic horse and a plastic cow from Ace Hardware. We had just 2. Now, we own the entire animalia. He is very social and very friendly. I mean, we're friendly too, just more on the shy end, so I suppose he will have an easier time getting what he wants.
Reesy is a fireball. I don't know if he's totally me, or part alien. He is very much less cautious. He will eat pretty much anything, whether it's moving or not. He doesn't have a huge fear factor and for being almost 3, he doesn't really think much about things before doing them. That's probably just his age. I am still kind of that way, do now, think later. He is pretty even tempered and gets over troubles fast, like mom. The other day, I caught him chewing on his straw as he took a drink. So me. Also me, and it's hard to admit - but I wasn't the stellar example of potty training, let's just leave it at that. So, I got what was coming to me on that front. hahaha
Reese is usually talking, non-stop and being loud. He can play with something for hours. He shuffles to different activities with ease. He is the cuddly one out of the two and the giver of the most kisses. He loves to tease, to laugh and to be mischievous. He is so proud of himself when he succeeds in his endeavors, just like mom. He is less academically advanced, but that's probably because he is the second child and who cares about them, right? Those with multiple children know what I'm talking about, it's like you invest all your energy into the first, so that they can take care of the rest of the kids, hello! Yeah, I'm totally kidding, but really....
Anyway they come, we love them both. Oh, so much.

