Father's Day

What a special day to celebrate our better halves, or wait...Well, anyway, I for one am lucky and blessed to have amazing fathers and my one and only better half, truly. You definitely fall in love all over again and in a different way when he becomes a father. Our boys really do treasure and love him, and I am so thankful to have a righteous, kind and caring man for a husband. As we speak, he is on the bed, hand sowing a broken leg on a stuffed dog, now, that's too sweet. I love you, darling!

I decided to do something awesome, yet again. I obliged to go fishing. It doesn't seem like that big of a gesture, but it's totally not my thing, so he was excited.

Of course, when I am planning the fun, I always include something fun for myself, it's like two for one, and why not?! I booked this cute little cabin right on Hyrum reservoir, in Hyrum, UT. The reservoir, the campground and the entire tiny little city turned out SO beautiful! Hyrum is about 20 minutes away from Logan, so got some A-mazing food as well.






The cabin was a great price and had everything you would need for a couple of days! There were two over sized queen bunk beds which looked more like king sized mattresses, so the cabin would sleep 8, but they were definitely most perfect for the two of us. The cabin also came with a table, chairs, refrigerator, a microwave, AC and a stunning view! I was impressed.

Tony got a blow up raft thing and a paddle, just so we can play on the water without dragging a boat out, plus the kids would have fun on that too, and it could double as a fishing vessel, sort of like a river tube, but bigger.








That evening we had a picnic next to our cabin and spent a few hours fishing right off the shore. I have to say, it was actually fun, just the two of us, no kids and no fishing license for me. The sad thing is, I caught me my own little fishy, which later died, and Tony got squat. So funny and so sad.




We didn't mean to kill the fish, we just wanted a photo op and it died shorty after its release, but, I caught a fishy, nonetheless!!!!





The next day we enjoyed the reservoir and the pretty grassy area around.




To keep in theme with our nature-like vacay, I found this gorgeous restaurant called Elements in Logan. I chose it for its stunning patio, flowers, trees and the river. It was THE perfect place for a romantic meal, even for Father's Day, and we both LOVED the food. We got thai lettuce wraps, the Cesar salad, Napa wonton salad, BBQ pasta and the Turkey Burger - all were probably one of the best culinary experiences we've had. And, we were serenaded by the lovely quacking of baby ducks.


While in Logan, we stopped at an antique mall and I thought I died and went to heaven! So, we secretly ended up with a few *treasures* that Tony may not know about because it gives him a headache, but at least I enjoyed it!!!! (he sat in the truck)

After lunch and swimming at the reservoir, we headed back down to Ogden. We intended to hike a bit through the Ogden canyon, but we couldn't find any short enough trails and we realized that we didn't bring any sort of tennis shoes. So, instead, we visited this cute giant gift shop right at the base of Ogden canyon, soaked in some scenery and had dinner at another super stunning restaurant right on the river, called the Oaks.






So Happy Father's Day to my lovely, and to all the stellar fathers out there!