Fall Bray-k 2017

It has finally come! and gone...... but, was nonetheless amazing. The last 8 weeks have proven to be super busy, but fun and exciting at the same time. Can't wait for the next few to go by, so we can have our Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks, and then, our winter vacay in the middle of February - I'm all ready for that one!

First, the new job is going A-mazingly well. I love everything there is to love about it: working during the day and sleeping at night, staying busy the entire day, only driving to my kids school and back twice, making new friends, and most of all - I get to see and understand exactly what my kids are doing at school (and even kiss their chubby cheeks when they are not expecting it). I didn't realize just how much goes into their day until now, but it is sooooo incredibly rewarding to be able to stay on top of what my kids are learning. I can't say, I don't love the extra perks of working at their school, such as having the key to go back for forgotten items, or talking to their teachers without setting an appointment, or getting a hold of extra papers to help Kohen get even further ahead.

As much as we all love the school, 8 weeks of 7:30 to 4 take a toll on your feet and your mental capabilities, as well. For fall break we decided on something simple and care-free. What's more care-free than the beach?

I wanted nothing else, but to lay in the warm sand and listen to the waves as the kids played along the sandy beach, so without any planned activities, we did exactly that, and then whatever else seemed right at the moment.




Our first destination was Venice Beach. We mainly spent the day walking around, looking at all the fun shops, eating a yummy lunch at the Sidewalk Cafe and letting the kids explore the subtle waves. Of course, the first thing they did was get all the way in, why not, right?



















Since we brought Kohen's metal detector along, we decided to hunt for treasure on this particular beach due to large crowds and it being so prevalent to shopping......but, all Kohen found was a dime. And he was happy with that! 







Pretty good way to end day 1. 



Santa Monica Beach and Pier  one of my Cali favorites, mostly for it's calm waves, warm waters and the excitement of food and people on the pier. 












So we might have had too much fun with the camera. Sorry, gonna keep the pics rolling!






With sand between our toes and probably other places....we went walking on the pier, got some yummy lunch and enjoyed the usual performances that can be viewed almost along the entire pier. 








And what would a trip to the Pier be without the amazingly delicious funnel cake(?)...... 



Photos in MALIBU. 

Malibu beaches are known for their outstanding beauty....but the wind! We decided to take a drive out to get some cute family pictures, although the family picture itself was taken by our tripod; and some by Mr. Kohen. I would recommend Malibu more in the summer months, or else just a very nice place to eat out by the seaside (or to take those romantic photos when the wind isn't blowing you around). However, the sunset was killer gorgeous! 




















Manhattan Beach 

Our last beach adventure before home was a little more south, but also one of my Cali fav's for its amazing variety of food and usually perfect weather, although, it was windy for us. We finished up our trip with amazing lunch at Wahoo Fish Taco, because I just must. 




Because it was very windy that day and the waves were huge and the water cold, the boys had the best time digging crabs out of the sand and feeding them to the eagles. Tony and I just caught some last rays of sunshine and took pictures of each other, why not.  








Taco-Os n Burritos



I dare say, we were pretty oblivious to the rest of the world. Guess California sunshine and the ocean will do that to ya. We all had the best time with each other, and I am so happy to have these memories.