Backyard dreamin', new house wishin'.....
We've lived in this house for almost 3 years, but it's time to say goodbye and move on. What!?
What better time to invest money, energy............(water bill......water bill......water bill).....I mean blood, sweat and tears into a backyard?
Can we just all say that I have THE best man in the world, right here? Yes, he did most of the yard himself, aside from actually laying the pipes/hooking up the sprinklers because that wasn't in his field of expertise; so we are thankful to our Papa Gongy and uncle Tom for that! ..... but the digging - through layers and layers of rock and hard dirt.
I guess I discovered that my husband had a hidden landscaping talent.....
Ready to see it transform, ALL IN 2 WEEKS' TIME?!
LAYERS OF ROCKS, FIRST PICKED UP AND MOVED BY HAND
FLAME THROWER TO KILL THE WEEDS (AND MAYBE SET YOUR NEIGHBOR'S GRASS ON FIRE, TOO; OOOOPSIES)
MOVING MORE ROCKS - THE WORST PART OF THE WHOLE THING
SPREADING COMPOST TO MIX IN WITH EXISTING DIRT (THANK YOU, UNCLE KEVIN 4 GETTING IT FOR US!)
TILLING THE GROUND
DIGGING THE TRENCHES FOR THE SPRINKLERS
INSTALLING THE MAIN/BOX/CLOSING UP THE TRENCHES/ PUTTING THE ROCKS BACK/PLANTER BOXES
FINALLY.......THE SOD IS HERE!!!!! (funny enough, our neighbor, whose lawn we set on fire.....came to help! thank you, Steve; and uncles Tom n Kevin!)
RIVERS IS SUPERVISING. (thank you m&d for housing the dog, I know, you've always wanted one like her.....right?)
THE FINISHED PRODUCT!
(thank you to our other neighbor, Patrik for the pressure washer!)
And now, that it's all done......
We are hoping to sell quickly, ANYONE WANT A HOUSE?
For reals, the MLS will be coming around soon! (Thank you, uncle Terry!)
What better time to invest money, energy............(water bill......water bill......water bill).....I mean blood, sweat and tears into a backyard?
Can we just all say that I have THE best man in the world, right here? Yes, he did most of the yard himself, aside from actually laying the pipes/hooking up the sprinklers because that wasn't in his field of expertise; so we are thankful to our Papa Gongy and uncle Tom for that! ..... but the digging - through layers and layers of rock and hard dirt.
I guess I discovered that my husband had a hidden landscaping talent.....
Ready to see it transform, ALL IN 2 WEEKS' TIME?!
LAYERS OF ROCKS, FIRST PICKED UP AND MOVED BY HAND
FLAME THROWER TO KILL THE WEEDS (AND MAYBE SET YOUR NEIGHBOR'S GRASS ON FIRE, TOO; OOOOPSIES)
MOVING MORE ROCKS - THE WORST PART OF THE WHOLE THING
SPREADING COMPOST TO MIX IN WITH EXISTING DIRT (THANK YOU, UNCLE KEVIN 4 GETTING IT FOR US!)
TILLING THE GROUND
DIGGING THE TRENCHES FOR THE SPRINKLERS
INSTALLING THE MAIN/BOX/CLOSING UP THE TRENCHES/ PUTTING THE ROCKS BACK/PLANTER BOXES
FINALLY.......THE SOD IS HERE!!!!! (funny enough, our neighbor, whose lawn we set on fire.....came to help! thank you, Steve; and uncles Tom n Kevin!)
RIVERS IS SUPERVISING. (thank you m&d for housing the dog, I know, you've always wanted one like her.....right?)
THE FINISHED PRODUCT!
(thank you to our other neighbor, Patrik for the pressure washer!)
And now, that it's all done......
We are hoping to sell quickly, ANYONE WANT A HOUSE?
For reals, the MLS will be coming around soon! (Thank you, uncle Terry!)