takin' in dust in grand junction
This was a little, early birthday getaway right before school because why not?
Grand Junction is not a bad drive from home, so we decided to rent a RZR just the two of us and play around in the Colorado high desert. Oh, and it was really, really, like really, hot. Add the heat from the RZR to that and it would make for a very bad decision. Luckily, we were THE only ones for miles and miles. Actually, I am pretty positive we were the only ones in the entire OHV area because we never saw anyone else on the GPS. More fun for us, I guess!
After driving around some fun hills and big dips, we found a small oasis and a natural gas plant, but otherwise, all we saw was miles of dirt. Everything and everywhere on our bodies was covered in dust. We did find the Green River at the very end, and got stuck trying to leave the fenced area. We rented from Adrenaline Driven Adventures right there in Grand Junction and they are AWESOME! We took the 4 seater because the battery died on the 2 seater, but they also have slingshots and dirt bikes for all sizes available for rent.
D I N N E R
For dinner we went to try 626 on Rood, and everything was glorious! My favorite was the Pop Rocks non alcoholic drink and the lavender ice cream.
Because we did a 24h rental, we were able to park right at the hotel and then beat the heat the next morning and enjoy some hours in the hills again.
L U N C H
For lunch we got a recommendation from a friend to try Hot Tomato Cafe/Pizza in Fruita, and it was everything you'd ever want in a pizza! I got The Peach (fresh peaches with rosemary) and Tony made his own creation, but the SAUSAGE was so flavorful, I ate like 3 of his pieces!
Colorado National Monument
On the way back home, we drove through this gorgeous place, taking pics at the pull offs due to timing and the hot weather. THE COOLEST thing happened - we saw DESERT BIG HORN MOMMY SHEEP WITH LAMBS! Apparently, they are hard to find, but we were at the right spot at the right time. How special!
We had a great time and I would love to come back during some cooler weather months, but overall - Fruita and Grand Junction were a good time! Thank you, baby, for all the fun and sorry about those blisters from the rzr, I guess.....








































